v2.1 build 1001 8/November/2007
- Added option for Min and Max signals to allow dBm to percentage and vice versa calculations to be tweaked for different network cards. Also changed calculation of these values slightly
- Fixed several crashes in vista
- Fixed a bug where graphing the connected access point would show no signal
- Fixed bug where clicking on a hexagon on the map tab would fill in the incorrect hexagon
- Fixed bug where a hexagon could be filled in by clicking on an invalid part of the map display
v2.1 build 1000 18/October/2007
- Config file has been moved to Application Data folder to be more Vista friendly
- Added "connected" instead of "available" status and different color icon for connected access point in summary tab list
- Added connection speed to summary screen
- Added new option to load a new map if map is missing from project file, if map is the same map in a different location or a new map with the same dimensions then the samples in the project file wont be lost
- Added interpolation function on the map tab to calculate signal strengths for blank areas of a signal strength map
- Added reload cards button next to network card selection to reload the wireless cards in case configuration has changed
- Added security method in use to Security column on summary tab for Vista if known
- Changed behavior when loading a new map in the map options, if map is same size current samples are no longer reset
- Changed sorting behavior slightly of access point list on summary tab and fixed a bug causing some columns to be sorted incorrectly
- Fixed a crash in Vista that could occur when removing and adding USB wireless cards
- Fixed bug when connecting to a SSID with a shorter name could leave old characters from the old name in the SSID description
- Fixed bug where WirelessMon would try to auto-connect when an access point was open but SSID was hidden when selecting "Connect to access point". Now dialog will be displayed so SSID can be entered
- Fixed a crash that could be caused by changing between available cards
- Fixed some error messages when reconnecting to an access point after a resume
- Fixed a bug where the wrong MAC address could be used when reconnecting after a resume
- Fixed an error message when installing in Vista preventing WirelessMon from running at the end of the install process
v2.0 build 1013 17/May/2007
- Added some changes to keep user interface more responsive when the network card is queried for information. Particularly noticeable in Windows Vista.
v2.0 build 1012 3/May/2007
- Fixed memory leak in vista
- Updated warning message about missing performance counters
- Updated help file for location of the debug file in Vista
- Fixed a bug where connecting to an access point in Vista with no MAC address could cause a crash
- Fixed bug where using the minimise on startup and minimise to system tray options was always showing the mini window when WirelessMon was first started
v2.0 build 1011 26/March/2007
- Fixed a bug where the 128 bit WEP key could be sent incorrectly.
- Added more vista compatibility changes.
v2.0 build 1010 2/February/2007
- Fixed a bug when getting the performance counters for some non-english versions of Windows
- Fixed a bug with the signal strength map displaying the same (incorrect) color.
- Fixed a bug with the map tab not automatically selecting the "All" option sometimes for the access points.
v2.0 build 1009 18/January/2007
- Added support for GPRMC message for GPS units that don't support the GPGGA message.
- Vista support, correct shutdown/startup of necessary wireless services, performance counters for network cards should be loaded correctly and WirelessMon should run at the appropriate administrator user level.
- Fixed a crash caused when opening a new map that was a smaller size than a previous map
v2.0 build 1008 23/November/2006
- Changed all references to “db” to correctly read “dBm”
- Fixed a bug where WirelessMon would crash when closing after entering a professional key
- Fixed a bug with the connected node log where some combinations of options had missing data fields
- Fixed an error where non English version of Windows could not initialize the network counters properly
v2.0 build 1007 13/October/2006
- Increased the number of network cards that WirelessMon can display in the Select Network Card drop down list from 4 to 12
- Fixed a bug where SSIDs containing 32 characters caused a crash
V2.0 build 1006 29/September/2006
- Added default tab to general options allowing a tab to be specified when WirelessMon starts
- Some changes to the way the connected node log is written and some bug fixes
V2.0 build 1005 22/September/2006
- Changed access point connection button so it will display the dialog even if no items are selected in the list
- Fixed a bug where clicking on a hexagon repeatedly on the map tab was not recalculating the transparency correctly.
- Fixed a bug where clicking on a hexagon while zoomed in or out on the map tab could select the wrong hexagon.
- Fixed a bug where is there were no access points in the list the reported signal strength for the connected AP could be wrong.
- Fixed a bug where if there was no connected access point a signal strength would still be shown for some network cards
- Some more debugging information added.
- Added more information to some error messages.
V2.0 Build 1004 1/September/2006
- Fixed a bug with some radio buttons on the map options dialog
- Fixed a bug where an unconverted GPS value could be logged
- Added some extra debug log information
V2.0 Build 1003 3/July/2006
- Fixed a bug where WirelessMon window could open offscreen and not be displayed.
- Fixed a bug where .png files were not appearing when all supported image types was selected when loading a map.
- Fixed a bug where some network cards weren't displaying the list of available access points.
V2.0 Build 1002 20/June/2006
- Fixed a bug with non-english versions of Windows being unable to load network card performance counters correctly.
- Added a new warning message when the gdiplus.dll is detected as missing and now opens a link to the Microsoft download page.
- Fixed a bug where columns in the summary tab list view could disappear.
V2.0 Build 1001 13/June/2006
- Fixed some display issue using high DPI settings
- Column sizes on the summary tab should now be retained and not reset when resizing the main window
- Mini window location will now be saved in the configuration file so it's position will be remembered between sessions
- Fixed bug where clicking the "Show mini window" menu item would remove the WirelessMon icon from the system tray
V2.0 Build 1000 23/May/2006
Major version release
- GPS support added
- Redesigned user interface, added toolbar and menus, removed the buttons from the bottom of the window.
- Ability to connect to an access point from within WirelessMon. Right click on an access point in the list on the summary tab and select the "Connect to AP" option from the menu.
- New channel graph on summary tab showing the channel usage of all detected access points.
- Graphs for "Signal strength (db) vs time" and "Signal strength percentage vs time" and can now be done based on access point rather than just network card.
- WirelessMon window is now re-sizable.
- Configuration tab has been removed and replaced with a Configuration menu. The new menu is in three sections of general, logging and map options.
- Added "minimize on close" to the general options.
- A Map tap has been added, this is for displaying an image and drawing a visual representations of sampled access point signal strengths. The samples can be taken by either clicking on the image or using GPS coordinates.
- SSID filter list has been added the logging options. If something is entered in this list only SSIDs that match the contents of the list will be logged.
- Added "MapPoint" format options to the access point log and connected node log. This will save these logs in a format ready to import into MapPoint.
- Added a way to customize the color corresponding to signal strength for the graph on the summary tab and the display of signal strength on the map tab.