SysInfo DLL SDK
V2.0 (Build 1000)
Latest release date:
6 April 2018
AU$730.10 (inc. GST)
Optional annual maintenance:
AU$218.00 (inc. GST)
Windows XP, 2003 Server, 2008 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
The PassMark SysInfo DLL SDK provides 3rd party developers
with the components needed to integrate the SysInfo DLL library into their applications.
The SysInfo DLL library exports an interface for retrieving system information, which includes the following:
- Memory, plus RAM module SPD information via SMBus
- Video card / Display devices
- Physical and Optical Drives
- Network adapters
- USB controllers and devices
- Ports (Serial/Parallel)
- CPU Temperature
The SysInfo DLL also includes a SMART component (formerly released as SmartDisk DLL SDK), which exports an interface for retrieving SMART information from SMART-enabled hard disks.
The SysInfo DLL API includes the following:
- Retrieve detailed CPU specifications (eg. manufacturer, speed, cache size, instruction support, multiplier, supported features)
- Retrieve detailed Memory specifications (eg. type, speed, manufacturer, manufactured date, voltage, timings)
- Retrieve the BIOS, motherboard, RAM, port, network adapter, and drive information via WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)
- Retrieve SMBIOS information
- Retrieve video card and monitor information
- Retrieve information about all USB controllers and any attached USB device
- Export the information retrieved above into plain text or HTML format
SysInfo SMART API
The SMART component of the SysInfo DLL (formerly SmartDisk DLL) is an independent subset of the SysInfo set of APIs for collecting SMART attributes for SMART-enabled drives. Exported functions include the following:
- Retrieve a hard disk's device information (eg. geometry, model number, serial number, rotation speed, supported features)
- Retrieve the SMART attributes from a device
- Maintain a history of SMART values for a device
- Predicting date and time (if available) of Threshold Exceed Condition (TEC) based on the collected data. Applications can use this to warn users that an "imminent" failure is about to occur.
- Generate a hard disk report, which includes the device information and its SMART attributes.
What does the SysInfo DLL SDK package contain?
- The library files, consisting of SysInfo.lib, SysInfo.dll and SysInfo.h
- Example projects for the following languages
- Visual Basic
- A User Guide (HTML format) that defines the available functions in the DLL
To see a sample of what is possible using the SDK, see the free utility PassMark's DiskCheckup which is built using SysInfo DLL to report SMART attributes of your drives and PassMark's RAMMon which reports RAM details.
The API has been designed and tested to run on the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Non-Windows operating systems are not supported. The example source code and the DLL were built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2013/2017, but any IDE that supports DLL linking should be compatible.
Pricing, Maintenance and Upgrades
The SysInfo DLL SDK can be purchased for AU$730.10 (inc. GST). After the order is accepted by our sales agent, the SDK will be sent to the e-mail that was provided.
Included in the purchase price is 12-months of Technical Support via the Web (http://www.passmark.com/support) and E-Mail .
Extended support may also be purchased for an annual maintenance fee of AU$218.00 (inc. GST).
The SysInfo DLL SDK utilises statistical analysis to predict possible failure dates of hard disk drives. Because there are no 'certainties' in statistical analysis, PassMark® Software Pty Ltd disclaims all liability for any and all costs incurred by either:
1) The hard disk drive failing before the predicted failure date estimated
by the application, or
2) The hard disk drive continuing to function beyond the predicted failure date estimated by the application.
In either situation, PassMark® disclaims liability for any losses due to loss or damage to data. PassMark® further disclaims any liability for costs incurred in anticipation of a disk drive failure that does not eventuate (e.g. replacement hard disk drives, transfer time, downtime, etc).
This disclaimer is in addition to the Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability mentioned elsewhere in the EULA and on this website.